Providing Roofing Repair Services for Over 85 Years
Let’s face it – no one wants to go grab a bucket every time it rains. Likewise, most of us also do not want to have to deal with roof repairs either as they typically require investments of time and money. But ignoring a problem can turn a small, inexpensive roof repair into a costly roofing nightmare.
Roofing comprises about one-third of a building or home’s exterior which means any damage can seriously compromise the integrity of the building or your home. It is important to have your roof inspected annually by a roofing professional to identify any signs of damage particularly following a severe storm such as a blizzard, tropical storm or hurricane.
At Homestead Roofing, we have specialized in roof repair services for over 85 years for both residential and commercial roofs. We are experts in all roofing types and take pride in providing exceptional customer service to our customers. We do not believe in cutting corners which is why we use only the highest-quality roofing materials. Call now for your free roofing repair estimate.
We Provide Roof Repair Services In:
Our Roof Repair Services Include the Following Types of Roofs:
- Slate: Durable for over 100 years and naturally beautiful, the slate stone has endured as a trusted roofing material for centuries. A slate roof adds both aesthetic appeal and practicality to homes of any style, and tiles come in a variety of colors and textures.
- Tile: A sturdy, weather-resistant tile roof is suitable for any type of climate and lasts for up to 50 years. We carry a wide selection of tiles and will carefully examine your property to ensure your building can withstand the weight of a tile roof.
- Metal: Suitable for both commercial and residential buildings, metal roofing comes in different styles and shapes to enhance curb appeal and provide protection against the elements. Depending on the material used, metal roofing can last for 50 years or more.
- Flat: A flat roof on your home or business boosts energy efficiency and naturally adds a contemporary flair to your property. Whether you plan to install a flat roof for extra entertainment space or to achieve the modern look of your dreams, our roof technicians will expertly and efficiently install your new roof.
- Shingle: Choose from our selection of shingles for a sturdy roof that will last about 20 years. Cost-effective shingle roofs are chosen by property owners everywhere for their reliability and weather resistance.
Our services also include siding and gutter repairs.
Do You Have A Damaged Roof?
Common signs of roof damage include loose, damaged or missing shingles or curling or buckling shingles. In some cases, damaged shingles can be repaired or simply replaced. If a roof is severely damaged you may need to replace your roof. If your current roof is more than 20 years old and most of the shingles are badly damaged or worn, a roof replacement may be needed to maintain the integrity of your home or building.
Our Team Can Repair the Most Common Types of Roof Damage Such As:
- Roof Leaks: If you notice water dripping from your ceiling, spots, water stains, or mold on your walls or ceiling or have missing shingles, you may have a roof leak. The cost of leaky roof repair depends on the type of roof you have and the extent and severity of the water damage, with prices beginning around $150 for repair of a small area up to $3,000 for serious repairs.
- Loose shingles: Are your shingles blowing off your roof, hanging crooked, or flapping in the wind? Reattaching loose shingles is hassle free and inexpensive with our services, with prices beginning around $100.
- Missing shingles: If your roof has bald patches or shingles have fallen off because of an old roof or bad weather, it’s important to replace shingles to preserve your roof’s structural integrity. Depending on the type of shingles that need to be replaced and how much area needs to be covered, shingle replacement cost ranges from $150 and up.
- Damaged shingles: Your shingles are damaged if they’re cracked, chipped, overgrown with mold, or otherwise broken or structurally compromised. Don’t risk further damage to your roof and get your shingles repaired or replaced for a price that begins around $150 to $200, depending on the size of the area that needs to be fixed and the shingle type.
- Curling or buckling shingles: If you notice the edges of your shingles curling or a gap between shingles, your roof is vulnerable to damage from water and the elements. Usually caused by poor installation work or insufficient ventilation, curling or buckling shingle repair involves and is the same price as shingle replacement.
- Ponding water: If you have a leaky roof and see pools of water lingering on your roof for more than 48 hours, your roof probably has ponding water. Ponding water causes water damage and the accumulation of mold, mud, and debris, so you’ll need to get the damaged area(s) replaced and repaired, the cost of which depends on the severity of the damage.
- Roof punctures: If you’re experiencing leaks but don’t notice ponding water or other signs of damage on your roof, you could have a roof puncture caused by falling debris or improper work. Our technicians can find and replace the punctured shingles, and repairs usually cost the same as standard shingle replacement.
- Improper previous repairs: Punctured shingles, loose shingles, leaks, and other problems can be caused by improper work, untrained technicians, and disreputable companies. We’ll identify the problem, give you an honest, affordable quote depending on the issue, and fix it for good so you’ll never have to worry about it again.
- Shrinkage or surface cracking: If you notice roof cracks or leaks or see your roofing materials separating, the synthetic membrane that protects your roofing materials may be shrinking. Roof shrinkage and cracking requires portions of your roof to be replaced and costs anywhere from $400 to $1,200.
- Rotted areas: Spreading water spots, leaking and sagging ceilings, and mold may be the result of rotting portions of your roof and/or roof decking and requires full roof replacement. The price for roof replacement depends on the size and type of roof, and costs range from $350 to $550 per square foot of roofing material and labor.
Our experienced team at Homestead Roofing can solve tricky roofing problems and troubleshoot roof leaks. Our team always strives to provide you with the option to successfully repair your existing roof over replacing it. We know that providing good, old-fashion service that is knowledgeable and focuses on your complete satisfaction is the best way to build a long-term relationship.
How Does Roof Damage Happen?
There are many reasons that a roof may need to be repaired due to damage. In NJ, one of the biggest reasons why roofs get damaged is due to severe weather such as snowstorms, heavy rainfall, and huge wind gusts. Another major reason roofs need repairing is simply due to lack of maintenance such as having your roof regularly inspected by a roofing contractor. Carrying out regular inspections on your roof will help prevent any minor damage which can escalate into a major, costly problem to fix. You can avoid a roof replacement by maintaining your roof with regular roof repair services so it remains in good condition.
The most common causes of roof damage include:
- Severe weather such as snowstorms, hail, tropical storms and hurricanes
- Ice dam buildup
- Lack of maintenance
- Debris in the gutter
- Improper installation of skylights
- Chimney flashing
- Roof valley debris
- Cracked vent booting
- Broken shingles
- Cracked chimney
- Condensation in your attic
- Roof Leaks
- Worn-down roofing materials
- Structural damage
- Too much foot traffic
In many cases, roof damage starts off minor and if caught early needs only minor repairs. However, many people do not catch their roof damage early or simply ignore it allowing the damage to expand in size and require more substantial repairs or, in some cases, complete roof replacement. If you think your roof may be damaged it is important to have a professional roofer evaluate it as soon as possible in order to minimize the chance of needing a roof replacement. With our roof repair services, your roof will always be in great condition.
We have been a local, reputable roofer for over 85 years in Ridgewood, NJ. We believe in providing exceptional, personalized roof repair services and supporting our local community. We have received the Best of Ridgewood Awards for Roofing & Siding Contractors 2011-2016 and we are also a Ridgewood Baseball & Softball Association Sponsor. If you have concerns or issues over our roof replacement or repair services, we will be here to answer your questions and make sure you are satisfied with our work.
Call us today to schedule your free roof repair estimate!
Check out our customer testimonials to see what our previous customers have to say about choosing Homestead Roofing.
Want to know more about roof damage and repair? Check out some of our blog posts.
- How to Hire a Roofer
- Preventing Ice and Snow Damage to Your Roof
- Keeping Your Commercial Roof in Top Condition
- Common Signs of Roof Damage
- How to Spot a Leaky Roof
Think you may have roof damage or need a roof replacement? Give us a call. We are more than happy to answer any questions you have regarding the condition of your residential or commercial roof.