Get Asphalt Roofing Shingles for Your Home
Durable Asphalt Shingles for Residential & Commercial
SERVING BERGEN, PASSAIC & ESSEX COUNTY | CALL NOW FOR YOUR FREE ESTIMATE
For over 85 years, Homestead Roofing has been providing trusted roofing support for businesses and homeowners across Ridgewood, NJ, and beyond. If you are considering an asphalt roof for your home or commercial location, no one is better positioned to make a difference than us.
Asphalt roofing is among one of the oldest and most desired alternatives for buildings of all shapes and sizes. Dating back to 1893 with the inception of roll roofing, asphalt is now the overwhelming leader nationwide. Simple, durable, and easy to install, asphalt offers advantages you can’t get anywhere else.
Asphalt roofing is known for its flexibility. Unlike most styles of roofing material, which only offer one option for style or installation, asphalt runs the gamut, with opportunities including shingles and roll roofing, built-up roofing, and ply felt. The market expanded even further in the 1970s with the inception of fiberglass-based asphalt shingles, providing more durability and fire resistance than ever before.
Asphalt Roofing Grades
Asphalt roofing is available in three basic grades:
- Saturant-grade asphalt is a form of asphalt used to saturate felt piles used to manufacture built-up roofing systems, roll roofing, and other asphalt-based materials.
- Mopping-grade asphalt is oxidized asphalt that is melted and re-engineered in the construction of modified bitumen and built-up systems.
- Coating-grade asphalt is a form of oxidized asphalt used to produce roofing materials such as asphalt shingles, underlayment felts, and polymer-modified bitumen roofing.
The Benefits of Asphalt Roofing
As an affordable, attractive, and flexible roofing option, asphalt has many benefits that homeowners and business owners alike can enjoy, including the following.
- Weather resistance: Asphalt is appropriate for almost every climate and can withstand sunlight, heat, cold, ice, and water.
- Fire resistance: Asphalt is among the best choices for fireproof roofing, offering resistance in even high temperatures.
- Economic advantages: Asphalt roofing is extremely affordable to purchase, install, and maintain, providing a great way to protect property without breaking the bank.
- Aesthetic options: Asphalt is available in dozens of colors, shapes, and dimensions to help you create a look that’s just right for your property.
- Ease of application: Of all the standard roofing materials, asphalt roofing is considered the easiest to install—not to mention the easiest to get wrong if you don’t hire the right team.
- Low maintenance: Once asphalt roofing is installed, there is very little maintenance or upkeep required, and damage repair is fast and easy.
- Long life: Asphalt shingles last for decades, from 20 to 30 years with proper installation and care.
Choose Asphalt for your Roof
If you’re considering various forms of roofing, and want to make a choice you can trust, Homestead Roofing is here for you. Give us a call today for a custom quote and let us show you what we have in store.
Call now for your perfect roof!
- Fully Licensed and Insured
- A+ BBB Rating
- Quality Craftsmanship
- Over 85 Years of Experience
- Free Written Estimates
- Long-Term Manufacturer Warranties
- Competitive Rates
- Focused on Customer Satisfaction
- 100% Financing Available
- Delivers the Highest Quality Products
- Extensive Job Site Clean-Up
- Best of Ridgewood Awards for Roofing & Siding Contractors 2011-2016
- Ridgewood Baseball & Softball Association Sponsor